We are hiring
Coffee and Cactus is currently recruiting for 2 roles, a temporary, full - time supervisor (maternity cover) and a part time customer assistant.
Coffee and Cactus opened it’s doors in the Reid Memorial Hall, off the Lisburn road in October 2019. Celeste and Caitlin have blended our passions for plants, speciality coffee and customer service to create our own little Aussie coffee shop. Our team is close, hard working and supportive and we’re looking for like-minded people to join our team.
UPDATED CLOSING DATE 5pm Friday April 30th.
A bit about the job
This role will be perfect for someone who is willing to really muck in and help our business grow and develop. This is a unique opportunity allowing the ideal candidate to apply their passion for coffee and plants with great customer service. The successful candidate must be willing to work across the broad spectrum of the business, whilst the focus will be on helping run the cafe, work will be required within the plant, retail and online areas also. As we have a small team, each member will be required to work hard but have fun whilst providing our customers with a high level of cleanliness and service.
The hours are full time (38-45 hours per week), working Tuesday through Saturday.
This role will be a 9 - 12 month maternity cover with the possibility of an extension when the maternity cover comes to an end.
Start date End of May / Start of June 2021.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Serving customer and providing advice to a high standard.
- key holder - including opening up, closing.
- handling cash
- making coffee to a high standard - food prep
- shift work
- constant cleaning of space and maintaining hygiene standards
- potting up plants
- ordering plants and coffee and stock monitoring
- Creating social media posts
- supervising staff and providing guidance
- Monitoring and maintaining health & safety regulations
- processing deliveries
- rubbish and recycling removal
- Experience working in specialty coffee industry (at least one year) -
- Minimum three years experience working in a cafe
- Retail and customer facing experience
- Demonstrates a genuine interest in customers, responding to their needs and creating a positive environment for our customers
- UK drivers license and car
- Hard working and energetic
- Punctual and able to main effective time management with the team
- Keen interest in plants
- Experience using Shopify or other online platforms, demonstrates good Social Media Skills (can take a good picture and write a decent post)
- Experience working in a kitchen or with food
- A food safety certificate
And the other position is…
We really need someone who can hit the ground running. If you like keeping busy and are up for a fun challenge this may be the job for you. As we have a small team, each member will be required to work hard but have fun whilst providing our customers with a high level of cleanliness and service.
This is a Part time role (minimum 16 hours negotiable Tuesday to Saturday) Approximate start early June, 2021.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Customer service, responding to customers needs at all times
- Clean cafe interior and exterior on a daily basis
- Making coffees to the required standard
- Plant collection, potting up and delivery
- Help with food prep
- Management and removal of waste / recycling
- Punctual & good time management
- Flexible, hard working and energetic
- Speciality coffee experience
- Excellent customer service skills with experience in a customer facing environment
- Can juggle multiple tasks
- Prepared to get your hands dirty, cleaning, washing buckets, potting up plants
- Full UK drivers license and car
- Experience working in a kitchen
- Experience working with indoor plants
We really need someone who can hit the ground running. If you like keeping busy and are up for a fun challenge this may be the job for you.
If you think either of these positions are perfect for you, please send your CV and a cover letter identifying how you think you suit the essential and desired criteria and anything else you think we need to know about you to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 30th of April.
Please also send us a two minute video telling us why you'd be good for the job - you can send this on instagram or via email. Videos required by Friday 30th of April.
We look forward to hearing from you!